27 April 2012

Cardinals Gone Mad


Greetings Dear Reader,

We have a family of cardinals that live in the evergreen just outside of our living room window.  According to my friends who know such things it is a different cardinal couple every year.  Whatever the case the enjoyment is great because we can watch the beautiful birds raise their babies unobserved.

This year, however, our cardinal male has gone mad.  He constantly is attacking my car.  Now I must admit that they are similar.  My car is red with black trim.  This beautiful bird is constantly attacking it.  He seems to think that he is going to drive it off (of course I realize he cannot operate a manual transmission). 

He has significantly scratched a car that I just had repainted last autumn.  I will not harm him or drive him off but was discussing how to prove that the car is no threat to him.  I have had suggestions from covering the car to playing Cole Porter on my car stereo.

For now I will leave him to his delusion that my red VW is somehow a threat to his family.  Having him around is beautiful and his song fills my window in the mornings.  What are a few scratches on an old car when I get to enjoy such beauty.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment