06 March 2013

Second Thoughts - Geen Gapes

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Over the weekend my eldest Grandson stayed the night.  He is just over two years old.  It was wonderful to have some one-on-one time with him.  We made pancakes and had barbecue.  We watched a movie and played guitar and sang.  One of the things I set out for him was a bowl of green grapes. 

After a trip to the bathroom I was walking back into the living room and he was talking to the grapes.  He was telling the grapes how much he loved them.  “I love you geen gapes.  Are you tiny and cute?  Are you delicious?”

After talking to each grape he would eat it.  I was overcome by much each grape mattered to him.  He noticed I was watching and said, “Thank you for the gapes Ganpa.  They are so good.”

He brought me a grape and insisted that I have one.  He always wants me to share grapes with him when I give them to him.  I gave me a moment to ponder that he is sharing with me something that he values so highly.  I hope that I can learn to value every morsel of goodness the way he did in that instant. I think my greatest wish would be to assure that the love and appreciation I saw in those moments always live in my Grandson and in me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment