21 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Concluding Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I think I could write about this topic every day for the rest of my life without becoming repetitive.  This part of the journey has been painful but necessary.  It shows me so clearly that as much as I love God I am still a very crooked stick.  There are too many times still I choose my own wants and desires over my love for God.

I understand why Paul called himself the chief of sinners.  I feel like my sin is so deep that I will never conquer it.  But then again that is what drives me to the cross.  I need the love, grace, and mercy of Christ.  I need to see the depth of my own sin so that have compassion for others and judge them less.

I need to carry in my heart the truth that everyone needs redemption.  I need to be driven by my own failures to love them beyond theirs.  I need to see past sin to the soul that needs Christ and his love for them.  I need to never forget where I came from and where I am going because of God’s love.

This challenge was my journey out of a vast wilderness.  We will ponder that from tomorrow until Holy Week begins.  Thank you for journeying with me Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment