13 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty Three – Dwelling on Things

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

Sometimes, especially when I am alone, I think too much about things I cannot change.  I rehearse past problems pondering prideful thinking of how I would do it differently.  I hold arguments in my head with people I have not forgiven and always win.  I spin my wheels on things I will never accomplish. 

All of this is the result of misusing my God given creativity and my fallen failure to let things go.  The two are a terrible combination.  When I do this I have to refocus quickly or I get led down the path to serious discontent and anger.  It amazes me just how much of my sin originates in my mind.  I think a wrong thought and chase it like a butterfly building its power until it is Mothra (For those of you who do not know how Mothra is click on the name at it will tell you).

I suppose this is why we are told to bring into captivity every thought to obedience to Christ.  Thinking is good but chasing bitter, sinful, or foolish thoughts lead to things that are very unhealthy.   It is too easy to reason our way away from God and embrace lies that appear to be true.  Any thinking that draws me away from loving God with all that I am is wrong thinking.  I am to throw it from my mind.

I must nip this thinking in the bud.  I must focus on thinking the things that lead me to deep humility, love, and devotion.  Focus of thought and following are the only way out of this mental trap.  "To think well is to serve God in the interior court." - Thomas Traherne 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14/3/13 10:46

    Is forgiveness for self and others not a way to eradicate the anger and frustration. We cannot change the past...only the present. Ou have a beautiful mind. Take care of it.

    ReplyDelete