28 March 2013

Second Thoughts - Shadow Smiles



Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Today is Rachael Catharine’s birthday.  I miss her in ways that I can never put into words.  I spent most of the day wondering what she would be like now.   I wonder how all of our lives would have unfolded had she lived.  I see the pain my Sons carry over this and wish I could take it away.

The loss of a child is so devastating no matter the circumstances.  So much of the pain in my last twenty years tethers back to that moment.  So many of my wrong choices are connected to her loss.  One of the things I have done is renewed my determination to live in a way that she could be proud of were she here.

Tonight I raise a glass to my Daughter and wish her joy and peace.  She is always remembered and always in my heart.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous28/3/13 07:47

    I KNOW THE FEELING. I LOVE ALL OF MY CHILDREN MORE THEN THEY KNOW, BUT STILL MISS MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDDAUGHTER. HOPE THEY ARE TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete