01 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Eleven – Nourishing Old Guilt

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

It astounds me sometimes how my past failures freeze me.  I can be humming along attempting to do good and my brain will remind me how unworthy and miserable I am.  It will recall a failure that may be decades old and squelch any thoughts of forgiveness and grace.

This is wrong.  I must not return to my failures and reapply my guilt.  I fail to embrace the grace and mercy given me and allow these feelings of failure to rule my spirit.  I do not for a moment deny that I have made some terrible choices but they are in the past and God has forgiven me. 

By nourishing old guilt I feed the parts of me that are not yet subject to the rule of Christ.  I must remember the lessons learned from my failures but not allow the guilt to hinder my future progress.  I see all the things I have chosen to do wrong in the past and use it as an excuse to be fearful of the future.

All of this is a denial of what Christ wishes for me.  God forgets what he forgives.  I need to remember the lessons and move on to what God wishes of me now.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/3/13 09:12

    Do you also apply this to your relationship with
    Others who have made mistakes. If GOD can forgive and erase, do you?

    ReplyDelete