03 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Thirteen – Captive Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

One of the things I indulge that is so bad for me is my negative thoughts.  I am supposed to hold captive every thought I have.  I am to control that on which I ponder and imagine.  I so often will indulge thoughts that are not proper for me if I wish to love God and follow Christ.

I do not mean violent, angry, or lustful thoughts although I must guard against those as well.  More dangerous for me are thoughts that make me feel superior or more holy than others.  I indulge in internal judgment and condemnation and can get miles down a wrong path in an instant.   I must capture every thought as it forms and assure that it is fixed completely on the mind of Christ and his love for others.

When I do not do this my attitude and actions soon reflect the same sin that I pondered and indulged.  I must give every thought a test as to whether it is centered on following Christ or indulging my selfish and sinful fallen nature.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment