12 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty Two – Resistance to Change



Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I do not like change in things that I have become accustomed to being a certain way.  I find too much security in consistency.  In truth change is what I should always be working toward.  I want routine and commonness in places I should be hoping for constant change.  My security in the normal is false and limits my clinging to the security that is in Christ.

I realize that this is my desire to know what to expect and to control my circumstances.  Control is an illusion created by my fallen self for the purpose protection.  In truth when I let go of the need for things to be the same I do much better.  If I am to follow Christ I must accept that things must always change as I move from self-centeredness to Christ-centeredness.

If I truly believe I am on a journey then I should expect constant change.  I should embrace that as the miles slip by the scenery will become different.  What I should be working toward is accepting that the change in things draws me closer to home.  It makes me more able to see Christ is the constant in the change and the closer I draw to him the more secure I will become in him.

This simple truth strikes one of the deepest chords of fear in me.  The echoes of my past demand that I control the consistency and routine of my life.  I must ignore them and accept that constant change is the nature of the universe. Following Christ demands that I accept that it is a journey and things will always be changing.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment