06 February 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – Final Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I hope these posts about the journey have been helpful in some way.  I know remembering why I travel is of great benefit to me.  Years ago Bob Dylan released a song “You Gotta Serve Somebody.”  It was one of the big hits from his first Christian album Slow Training Coming.  We all follow someone or something.  No matter how independent we think we are we are following.

I only wish to follow Christ.  This does not mean that I always do.  At times I follow my own selfish interests.  At others I follow people instead of Christ and that is always disastrous.  I have heard others remake what following Christ is in their own image so that they do not have to conform to the restraints of the journey.

We follow things we believe will salve our inner hurts when only Christ can do that.  We follow drinking or drugs to distraction.  We use others to satisfy our need for love but it never truly satisfies.  We follow celebrities and identify with them until they disappoint us.  Even parents fail and then their children use those failures as an excuse to abandon the following.  Some even blame God for the state of the journey and refuse to follow because of it.

We will all arrive at the same place; the clearing at the end for the path.  I cannot tell you what is there but I can tell you that not believing in the journey does not mean the journey does not exist.  For my part I will do my best to follow.  I will enjoy those who can journey with me for a space.  I will help those along the way that I can.  I will try to avoid distractions and practices that hinder following.  I hope that you find the path.  I hope you can follow and keep to it.  I know that all that I have done only works when it is part of the following.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment