11 February 2012

A Celebrated Life


Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I spent it with my Children and Grandson.  It started with breakfast at my favorite diner with my eldest Son and my Grandson.  My Grandson is a hit everywhere he goes and it made the morning just to see the joy he brings to others.  He is becoming so verbal and tries to say people’s names the first time he is told the name.

I spent the afternoon just relaxing with my kids and got to see them all.  As my Sons and I left for a guys’ night out with other friends who have a birthday this week, my Daughter-in-law kissed me on the cheek and told me, “You have a good time.  You deserve it.”  She has no idea what a gift that kindness from her is to me.

I was the eldest at a dinner table of eight men and the conversation was light and enjoyable.  Later I was able to save a new friend from forgetting his Father-in-law’s birthday.  The young man had no idea I knew his Father-in-law and that we share a birthday.

I returned home fourteen hours after I left feeling celebrated and loved by my children.  My Daughter has plans for us today that I am excited about.  I am not famous though I may be some day.  I am not rich though I have more than I need.  What I am is loved by my Children and that is more than I could ever ask for.  They make the journey sweet and lively and I love them more every day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment