07 February 2012

Rant About a Nail Salon


Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently someone I love dearly posted a rant on a social media sight about the terrible service she received at a nail salon.  Now this young lady is lovely and I love her dearly.  How she was treated is unacceptable and everyone should feel that they can trust their manicurist. 

It was what happened after that gave me pause.  The very next thing I read was a story about a homeless man freezing to death.  Please understand that I am not finding fault with my friend, but I wondered how many things I get upset about that in perspective are not really that important.  I know that I can get disengaged from the things that matter in the world.  It is vital that I remember things in perspective.

So then what is the proper perspective?  I guess it always comes back to the same thing.  Is what I am irritated about, upset about, or ranting about what Christ would spend his efforts on?  Do I let the mind of Christ oversee my passions and anger?  If I let my own heart conform to that of Christ in these things I think fewer things will bother me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment