12 February 2012

Scarves of Knowing


Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that Christmas is a month and a bit gone but that is never the case for me.  Right now in the chill of morning in my office I am enjoying a Christmas gift from a beloved friend.  She and her husband sent gifts for me and all my children to my home.  Each of the gifts is handmade and reflects knowledge of and appreciation for the recipient. 

The gifts are handmade scarves.  Mine is a chain of pancakes with pats of butter.  Adam and Colie have shared pancake breakfasts at my home often.  Food was the bridge to friendship with Adam when I first met him.  My Daughter received one that is ice-cream cones.  My eldest Son’s was bacon and eggs and my youngest received a long slice of pizza.

It was joyous to see each of them revel in the gifts and how much it fit with who they are.  Each is a gift of love from a couple whom I love dearly.  Hours of labor obviously went into the crafting of them.  Mine keeps my neck warm as I write and protects me from the draft in my century old drawing room.  Bezel used his as we were walking in 6 degree weather from the restaurant to the bar on my birthday.  He commented several times on how much he was glad to have it.

Each time I wrap up in mine I am reminded of two things.   That I have friends who love me dearly is the first.  Second that God gives us gifts in the same way.  He gives us what we need and it is tailored to who we are.  So much of what I have in my life fits exactly who I am.  Each time I wrap my chilled neck in this scarf I am not only reminded of Adam and Colie’s love for me; I am reminded that God loves me and will send gifts that I need to keep me safe and warm.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment