17 February 2012

Moon, Moonnana, and Sevna


Greetings Dear Reader,

In case you have not noticed I have a Grandson.  I love him dearly and he smiles at me a lot.  At fifteen months he is already very verbal.  He loves stars and the moon.  He loves bananas and the number seven.  He loves books and Blue’s Clues.  He brings out the sweetness in all of us.

He will say the word moon over and over when presented with pictures of the moon.  I pulled up a Google search of the work moon and clicked images.  He pointed at each picture and excitedly uttered “moon.”  I then did this with the word “banana” and he pointed at each one and said “Moonnana”.  Now I am not sure if he thinks a banana looks like a crescent moon but I know he can devour an entire banana in 2.736 seconds.  He will then ask for another Moonnana whilst point to the fruit basket.

I pulled up the word seven and he repeated over and over “Sevna” even pointing at it on items I did not realize carried the number.  He likes circles and mandarin oranges.  He is a beautiful and intelligent boy.  I love him so much that it becomes painful to leave him when I must.

Moonnana
I dell on all of this because I am in awe of the beauty being built into what was a blank slate just fifteen months ago.  I see the wisdom and love of God in this small boy.  He knows he is loved.  I already see his likes and dislikes emerging.  I see the uniqueness of his own being as it is different from all others in the world.  I have the chance to be good to him and never violate his trust.  I have the opportunity to be honest and real with him, to show him kindness, and to be a better example than I have been to others.

I see the outstanding intelligence in him and his capacity to sense the needs of others.  I see him being a wonderful person and I see how much his parents love him.  When I see my Grandson the line from the Five for Fighting song dances through my head.  “If God made you he’s in love with me.”

Photo by Emily Sharp
Later today I will see my Grandson.  We will talk of Moons, Moonnana, and Sevna.  He will show me what new things he has learned this week.  He is almost ready to walk.  I will sit and enjoy him quietly thanking God for showing more of himself to me in this beautiful young boy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment