13 August 2012

Parasitic Living


Greetings Dear Reader

The word parasite always has a negative connotation.  There are some parasites that benefit the host but most are destructive.  When people are parasitic they are using others to benefit themselves without returning the favor.

I have seen it often over the years.  Someone is given gifts, opportunity, and space to use them.  They instead take advantage or reject the one who provides these things.  When one continues to live off of the providence of another without working to better themselves that is a parasitic relationship.

I would then have to say that when I do not use the gifts God gave me to further his purposes then at minimum my actions are parasitic.  Since God gives us life, our abilities, and everything we have, then not using those things for him is parasitic.

Every breath I take belongs to God.  This means that every breath I waste is taking something God gives me and wasting it.  Any day that I do not give my heart and soul to God is a day I have stolen.

It is not up to me to admit it or accept it.  This thing is just true.  My acceptance or rejection of it changes nothing but my own consequences.  I owe God my life and everything in it.  Anything less is parasitic. It is why some of us have become bloated, swollen, and so far from image that Christ wishes for us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment