02 August 2012

The Long Dark


The Long Dark

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that I have been absent most of this past month.  I feel that I have been through a very deep
chasm and am just emerging.  Several things converged to put me into this place but I feel that one of places where I did not handle it well was that I stopped writing for most of the month.

I feel that it will be some time before I emerge from the place I am in but I must continue to do what is right whilst I am in this place.  My Sons spotted the darkness gathering around me and reached out to me.  So many things are not as I wish them to be but that is neither in my control nor what should matter.  What should be of import is how I follow Christ within those things.

Except for going to work, which leaves me daily very tired of late, I have done little else.  Concerns that weigh on my spirit have come together in a perfect storm of disquiet and dissatisfaction.  This wilderness is not something that I choose but it is something I must traverse to get to where I am supposed to be in my walk with Christ.

I can see that my response to it has caused those around me to be alarmed and I regret this.  I despair that the things that besiege me will be quickly gone but I am determined to handle them better.  With the help of Christ I will find a way through the hard stone and out of Moria.  For now I will try to keep the faith of the things I am called to even though it seems dry and pointless.

I ask dear reader that you take a moment to pray for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment