31 August 2012

Why I Believe – Unique Direction Part 3


Greetings Dear Reader,

I spoke of how the Father loves us.  I think that this is one of the greatest ways in which to express trust is to love.  When we allow ourselves to love someone we become vulnerable and that is inherently a trusting act.

The essence of the Old Testament law and of Christ’s teaching is that we must trust the Father by becoming vulnerable to loving others and loving him.  It is not in our strength and riches that security is found.  It is in the vulnerability of trusting that all will be well if we love God and love each other.  It is the security that God will supply all our need and he will do it out of his abundance. 

The power of love the drives God to journey to me to draw me to him is one of the deepest reasons I believe.  I realize that this is irrational and subjective but in that I find it even more irrational not to believe. I am not perfect.  I am fallen.  I am in need of redemption.

The God of the Bible journeys to me to buy me back from my own brokenness.  No matter how many times his followers mask this by their bad behavior it is still true.  Focusing on this ignites a love in me that I cannot explain.  It draws me to God and to know him more deeply.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. I obviously cannot speak to what anyone may or may not feel with objectivity. There is a sort of reality to any emotion in the mind of the one that feels it.

    I have two issues with this line of thinking though. Why is it that Christians so quickly brush off the "bad behavior" of themselves and remind everyone else that God is still loving. There is something deeply troubling about this. The claim the salvation of eternity and then write off the pain or suffering that they cause as temporary and meaningless. Worse still, there are times when Christians cause a great deal of suffering and pain and claim that it is the will of God.

    The other concern is the idea that mankind is "fallen". The more that I learn about humanity the less inclined I am to believe that we are evil by nature. It is clearer and clearer as the years go by that we choose to perpetuate evil or choose to end it. We are not destined to do evil ever. We decide to do it.

    ReplyDelete