07 August 2012

When Truth Does Not Comfort


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I try to journey this long dark honestly and openly I am confronted with a new challenge.  I am sure my faith is in good repair and that I have accepted that I must journey through this place using that faith.  I am, however, forced to face a challenge that I have not faced previously.

For years the knowledge that God was overseeing what is going on in my life served to comfort me greatly.  Of late this truth is not a comfort.  I still believe it and accept it.  I am still in touch with my assurance that this is as it should be in all things.  Even though there is beauty in this truth there is no comfort for me.

Perhaps this part of the journey is comfortless.  If I am to follow Christ in everything then I must acknowledge that there were times when he had no comfort.  There were moments when he both felt overwhelmed and maintained his obedience to the Father.

A Throne of Ashes.  A Crown of Pain.
I once pondered deeply the feeling of Job as he watched the world fall apart around him.  I am not in anywhere near his circumstances but like Job there is no peace in my pain.  I feel that this wilderness is dark, dangerous, and comfortless.  Even the darkness cannot squelch the inner light though. 

I am in pain but not despair.  I am in darkness but I can still see.  I cannot change things yet so I must keep walking.  I have not reached the place where like Job I wish I had not been born, but I will say with Job that I know my redeemer lives and that though he slay me, yet will I serve him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment