17 October 2012

A Note of Thanks

Greetings Dear Reader,

I want to take a moment to thank a stranger.  I am very careful with my electronics as I realize the value and replacement costs involved in abusing or losing them.  Since my “Clark Kent” persona is a technology professor I always drill into my students the importance of care and maintenance of our devices.

One of the things I do to be careful is to guard that my very expensive phone gets dropped as little as possible.  When I use a public restroom I always put my phone on top of the plastic cage wherein they imprison the toilet paper.  Recently as I was completing my visit to the loo at a local store a young boy began bagging loudly on the door.

In my desire not to hinder the young man’s bladder from its urgent need for the space I was occupying I left my phone behind.  I did not discover this very serious oversight until I was headed to the car with my purchases.  I quickly returned to the service desk at the store to inquire concerning my phone.  I was praying all the way, concerned that my phone was lost to me forever.

As I approached the service desk and began to inquire about my phone to the smiling clerk my phone began to ring.  Someone had turned it in to the service desk.  Honesty and care for a stranger had rescued me from my moment of forgetfulness.  I wish to express an honest and heart felt thank you to whomever did me this great service.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment