11 October 2012

What is Your Super Power? – Development – Defining 2


Greetings Dear Reader,

Once we establish that love is the unfaltering foundation of all we do we must ask what the delivery method of that love is.  How do I represent love to the world?  I think that first I must see clearly what Christ has commanded me to give to the world.  There are powers I have no matter who or what I am.  This second tier of super powers is available to anyone who would wield them in love.

These powers fall into two distinct categories.  There are powers that allow us to reach into the practical needs in the lives of others and make a difference.  I have written about these and will touch on them all in brevity.  The other aspect of those powers available to all is social.  We will also consider these. 

Everything about this will seem simple and perhaps even puerile.  These physical and social powers can be employed by those who neither follow nor believe in God.  The distinction for me is that they become a force to be reckoned with when fueled by the inescapable irresistible love of God.

Like Green Lantern we can use the power of love to channel social and practical powers into the lives of others at a level that can create any change we imagine.  When harnessing these abilities we need know no fear.  Nothing can withstand us.  No weapon formed against us can be successful.

The very nature of Green Lantern’s power is to fight evil.  Anything he imagines becomes a reality for the purpose of the fight against darkness.  We are truly no different.  We can true light the darkness as we develop the power available to all who follow Christ.

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!      
  
A DISCLAIMER
For those who know me, I promise I have not gone mad.  I am using this extended metaphor intentionally to better process my thoughts.  I promise not to try to fly or deflect any bullets.  I will not be donning a strange costume or building a secret lair. 

Addendum to disclaimer: I do like the idea of a secret lair.

Second Addendum to disclaimer:  I am going to keep my secret identity.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment