07 October 2012

What is Your Super Power? – Discovery

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that the last week’s writing may seem like a long preamble but it is necessary to the point.  There is that moment of drama in the comics where our hero first discovers his power.  It is usually unnerving and confusing.  It portents change and opportunity.  New challenges are evident.

So as we close in on what our super powers are what is to be expected in the moment of discovery?  Do not expect anything like the comics here.  For us it is different.  That which is special within us is revealed slowly over time.  Time and yieldedness result in knowledge of that which ignites us to do good.

Many things about us can direct us to this discovery.  Let us begin with the simplest.  What do you do for others that brings you great joy?  What ignites you when you are involved in the welfare of others?  Things that lead us to abandon self and think of others first are the things which are clues to our power.   

As I ponder this I think about the things that kindle my compassion.  I consider the things that I am moved to do that are selfless and giving.  Discovering my power lies in looking outside of myself to the needs of others.  Then I must listen.  I must listen to my heart and ponder what moves me to action.  I must learn was drives me to do what is good for others.  As I identify these things I move closer to understanding my power, my purpose, and my destiny.  I can begin to get a handle on that which serves the greater good.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment