17 October 2012

What is Your Super Power? – Final Thoughts



Greetings Dear Reader,

We all have the power to positively impact the lives of others.  Our destiny is not to change everyone to our way of thinking.  It is, however, to create an environment where we love so deeply and consistently that others want to tap into the source of that love.  We are to use the powers that flow from that love to reach into the lives of others socially and practically. 

If I do not see the needs of others and respond to them then I am not only being passive but am committing villainy.  There is no neutral ground.  I either make things better or worse by my attitudes, words, and actions.  Without action my attitudes and words have little value.  I show the depth of my belief by what I do for others.

I am so very blessed with both social and practical abundance.  As I journey through the world I must give out of that abundance to the needs of others.  With this as my mission I have the power to work beauty and grace in the lives of others.  Flying is nothing compared to selflessly feeding a hungry person.  The power to walk through walls is pitiful when we can instead walk through barriers of race, class, and status to touch the lives of those in need.

The power to do these things is who I am.  I am not allowed to be in a fortress of solitude and deny my powers.  I must use them to inject love and healing into the lives of others.  I should expect to feel no true joy if I neglect my calling.

A DISCLAIMER
For those who know me, I promise I have not gone mad.  I am using this extended metaphor intentionally to better process my thoughts.  I promise not to try to fly or deflect any bullets.  I will not be donning a strange costume or building a secret lair. 

Addendum to disclaimer: I do like the idea of a secret lair.

Second Addendum to disclaimer:  I am going to keep my secret identity.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment