01 October 2012

Why They Cannot Hear Us – Consequences

Greetings Dear Reader,

We know that there are consequences to everything.  When we ignore the social aspect of the gospel we should not be surprised that the natural consequence is that the spiritual message carries little weight.  If I am unwilling to live the parts of the gospel that are visible and immediately impactful then how can I hope to be heard with those things that take faith?

I see in lives around me the wounds and scars of incidental failure to live out faith.  I see the impact of not caring for others at a social level and harping on the current flavor of Christian obedience.  We cannot make demands on others when we sin so deeply by ignoring the things that Jesus says are to be our identification marks.

In a world where we have people constantly questioning our motives we are not going to make a difference if we do not focus on the things that impact motive.  When Jesus spoke about these things he was very clear that it is a part of the permeation of the gospel into others.  If we hope to be seen as a true follower of Christ then we must be seen as people who embrace what he did in the ways that he did.

Mat 25:35-40 I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home. I needed clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' "Then the people who have God's approval will reply to him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and take you into our homes or see you in need of clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' "The king will answer them, 'I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you did for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did for me.'

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment