13 October 2012

What is Your Super Power? – Development – Impacting the Practical

Greetings Dear Reader,

The range of super powers that impact the practical are mostly available to us all.  Those powers can be simple and complex.  As I get more detailed in this I realize that I am treading on some dangerous ground with some of my Dear Readers.  Please accept that I am evaluating this for my own growth and effectiveness. 

The power of impacting the practical can be as simple as being one who thrives on sharing your resources with others.  I have a friend who, out of his love for feeding others buys an extra bag of groceries every week.  It is his intention to find someone to give them away to every week at church.  In fifteen years he has never come home with the bag of groceries.  I do not imagine him in tights with a big G on his chest but he obviously has the power of giving.  He thrives and feeding those who are in need.

I have another friend who owns a large pickup truck and makes it known that he wants his friends to ask for help when they need to move their household.  He brings his two very strong sons and they devote a day or weekend to helping others get into a new home.

With love as the prime mover anything that helps another with practical needs becomes very powerful.  The act of helping others with practical or physical needs demonstrates that we have the power of love and amplifies the impact.  No matter how deeply I love someone else if I do not reach out to demonstrate it in a practical way then it cannot be seen.

There are powers that seem supernatural.  I will state clearly that things like healing others is a potential that we all have.  I do not even pretend to understand how this can work but I have seen it.  I know this will be controversial for some of you but I will not limit God’s ability to focus through one his followers the power physically mend another person.  We should not be surprised when we focus the power of love on someone else and God chooses to do something out of the ordinary through us.

I must seek opportunities to reach into the lives of others and give them the opportunity the feel the love that is there for them.  I have the power to change lives even by doing the dishes.  The most basic needs of others can be the things that reveal us as super heroes.  All we have to do is harness and focus our love then aim it at the practical needs of others. 

A DISCLAIMER
For those who know me, I promise I have not gone mad.  I am using this extended metaphor intentionally to better process my thoughts.  I promise not to try to fly or deflect any bullets.  I will not be donning a strange costume or building a secret lair. 

Addendum to disclaimer: I do like the idea of a secret lair.

Second Addendum to disclaimer:  I am going to keep my secret identity.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment