18 June 2014

Minstrels in the Gallery – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I could sit here by the fire and talk about music for quite some time.  My younger Son Bezel and I had to take a fourteen hour drive once in a car with no radio.  This was in the ancient time before portable MP3 players.  We sang and talked music almost the entire trip.  His comment was that he had no idea how much music was in my head.

As I said at the outset I think of music almost all day long.  I listen to music whilst I write and I wake up with a song in my head almost every morning.  Music is a part of who I am.  There are so many more minstrels in the gallery of my mind.

Had I the leisure to do so I would share many more songs that influence who I am.  I will revisit this some other time when the journey allows.  For not I must return to the path.  After all, the journey is about the moving on down the path toward home.  It is not always easy or joyful.

Thank you for sitting with me a bit Dear Reader.  I love it when we get some respite from the thoughts and questions that refine me as I travel.  I hope you have found some rest as well.  There are things that require my thinking and attention.  Although it seems that I would tarry longer in truth I value the journey. 

I will leave you with this last bit of lyric.  Thank you again Michael Card for helping me travel with a song in my heart.

Joy in the Journey – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey,
There’s a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
and freedom for those who obey.

And all those who seek it shall find it, a pardon for all who believe.
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born of the Spirit
And who share incarnation with him;
Who belong to eternity, stranded in time,
And weary of struggling with sin.

Forget not the hope that's before you,
And never stop counting the cost.
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost?

There is a joy in the journey,
There’s a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
And freedom for those who obey.
And freedom for those who obey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment