01 June 2014

On Earth as in Heaven – Family

Greetings Dear Reader,

Everything about the family is supposed to reflect the Father heart of God.  I know the extent to which I have failed at this and attempt now to which I strive to fail to fail.  It is not someone else’s responsibility to make peace in a family.  It is mine.  It is yours. 

If you are a parent it is your responsibility to do whatever it takes to create peace for your children.  The “but…” that is on the tip of your tongue is irrelevant.  Parents are to set the example of what is right no matter what the cost to them personally.  It really is that simple. 

No matter what my children do I must seek to be an example for them to follow.  I must be the one to be good, kind, patient, loving, and consistent.  This applies to my adult children as well. 

I have done things in the past that have hurt my children deeply.  If I am going to assure that I am following Christ I must do whatever it takes to be good to them.  I must be the one to reach out to them and make things right. 

Husbands and wives must do whatever it takes to protect the innocence of their young children.  I failed at this and the damage still echoes on the lives of my Sons.  No matter who we rationalize it if we do anything to damage the stability of our children’s homes we are wrong.  Full Stop. 

When I chose to be a parent I gave up my right to what was going to make me happiest.  It is not about my happiness.  It is about safety, stability, love, and peace for my children.  I wish I could go back twenty years and remind my younger self of this.  There is nothing that reflects “as it is in heaven” more than a parent paying the highest price for the safety of those he or she loves.

Anything else is selfish pretense.  Any argument against this is an attempt at rationalization.  There is not a day that I do not feel the consequences of my failures in this area and I would do anything to protect others from the same failures.  Mothers and Fathers must fight for their family unity.  This is what God does for us daily.  We should do no less.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment