23 June 2014

This May Sound Silly – Sin

Greetings Dear Reader,

I really believe that there is this thing called sin.  I believe that it is what creates the gulf that exists between God and humans.  When we deny that we sin we are lying which is a sin so you see there is no way out of the fact that we sin.

So what is sin?  I am not going to give a list of things not to do here.  I am going to instead focus on what God says we are supposed to do and the standard he sets.  We fall into the trap of comparing our sin to that of our neighbor, friend, relative, or enemy.  Instead we are to compare our lives to the holiness of God.

Anything that I do that does not measure up to who God’s standards is sin.  So then one must ask; “What is God’s standard?”  It really is much simpler that we make it.  I am to love God.  I am to love my neighbor and my enemy.  Before one begins to list people not in one of those categories “neighbor”  is everyone around you.  God wants us to love everyone.

Now ponder the worst person you can think of in the world.  That person is someone you are supposed to love.  Any time we do something unloving to a friend, spouse, child, stranger, or anyone else we sin.  It really is that simple. 

That sin separates us from God and it is only God who can redeem us from our sin and its consequences.  That, however, is the story for tomorrow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment