28 July 2015

Entertaining Angels – Control

Greetings Dear Reader,

We think we control our destiny.  We control our choices.  That in part leads to the unfolding of our destiny.  It is not, however, the focal point.  We focus on our rights, what we are owed, and what we want the world to look like. 

I have spent too much of my life trying to shape the world to be as I wished it.  When I stopped doing that living became much more enjoyable.  Beyond that I have realized how little I can control.   God has made is clear that everything is under his control.  It has become cliché to say it but he does have a plan.

As discussed over the last couple of days I am a single piece of the multidimensional chess game.  We all are.  The problem is that we all think we are the king or queen.  The billions of pieces are moved in harmony in a grand design.  The only purpose that we have been given for that design is to bring us back to good.

We think we are there but we are so far from it.  There are so many things that distort our view.  So many things we assume that we just do not know.   All the universe moves back toward what its Creator wishes it to become in his design.  This view is no longer popular but I still believe it. 

It may sound paranoid but others watch to see what I do with what I am given.  God already has the countermoves chosen to respond to my moves.  He wants me to choose good but has chosen moves to bring me to good no matter what I choose.  He promises to provide all we need to do what is right.

I must do what is right no matter how much it costs.  I must not try to control anything but my responses to the world.  Even the control of those must be given over to what God has asked of me.  I must predetermine that my responses are going to be loving and kind.  Sometimes this is so very difficult.  Then again if I obey all will unfold as it should because even though I am a valued part of the dance, it is not about me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment