14 July 2015

Great Expectations – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

God expects us to expect great things from him.  He has promised to do far beyond what we can imagine for those who love him.  He has promised that we do not understand the full scope of what he is about to do.

He also wants us to be very careful what we expect of others.  We should desire that others have every good thing that God has to offer.  We cannot make the world a perfect world through protests, laws, and division.  We cannot make all things good.  Only God can do that and he will when he is ready.

My responsibility is to do my best to live up to the expectations that the Father said the world could place on his children.  The expectations that Christ placed on his followers are great ones.  We are to love everyone at all times.  We are to do what is right no matter how much it hurts.  We are not allowed to compromise faith but we must be good to others.  We are not to coheres or force others to follow but we are to lead by such an example that they are compelled to do so.

The Father is working things out as he wishes.  He asks us to expect great things.  Jesus sais we would do greater things than him if we live by faith.  We miss out on those great things because our expectations are misaligned.  We place them on those who need Christ.  We need to place them on the Father and do as he has asked. 

That combination would require us to care for others no matter how much or little they believe.  We need to then expect Jesus to draw all mankind unto himself.  We need to expect the Father to work out his will that none should perish.  All I must do is follow and obey.  Then and only then can great expectations be realized. 

Your Higher Ways – Steven Curtis Chapman

If I could only fly, I'd go up and look down from the sky
So I could see the bigger picture
And Lord if I could sit with you at your feet for an hour or two
I'm sure I'd ask too many questions 'cause there's so much going on down here
That I must confess I just don't understand, I don't understand

And I have prayed, that at your feet my whole life has been laid
So I won't worry I won't be afraid
Cause My soul is resting on your higher ways

So let the road ahead become unclear
For I am yours so what have I to fear
If my soul is resting on your higher ways

Your higher ways teach me to trust you
Your higher ways are not like mine
Your higher ways are the ways of a father hiding his children in his love

So let it rain and if my eyes grow dim with tears of pain
This hope I have will not be washed away
Because this soul of mine is resting on your higher ways

Your higher ways teach me to trust you
Your higher ways are not like mine
Your higher ways are the ways of a father hiding his children in his love

Someday I will fly and maybe then you will take me aside and show me the bigger picture
But until I'm with you I'll be here with a heart that is true and a soul that's resting on your higher ways

Your higher ways
Resting on your higher ways

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment