25 July 2015

Entertaining Angels – A Lover of Life

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the controversy around Planned Parenthood unfolds I am drawn back into the conversation about abortion by friends who know my faith and feelings.  I am not going to hear have a conversation about Planned Parenthood or abortion but what I say is relative to those things. 

What I have to do is consider life as a whole.  In the dance between Divine Sovereignty and free will there are some things that are to be un-violated guidelines.  It is one of the reminders that the world and all in it are not mine.  The earth does not belong to man.  This is true whether you believe in creation, evolution, or alien seeding (please notice that my tongue is firmly in my cheek on that last). 

My particular world view is that God created and owns it all.  He loves life and created us to live.  We invented and have applied killing with great fervor and success.  Through wars, genocide, and abortion we have destroyed millions of lives.  We treat human life as if it is an unlimited disposable commodity.   

In our arrogance we think that the lives of others do not matter.  Through abortion alone we have destroyed over 3.1 BILLION years of potential life in the United States.  That number is based on some very conservative math and only calculated since 1974 when abortion became “legal”.

We think we can legislate morality in either direction and that makes what we choose moral.  What we have evolved instead is a society with a multiple personality disorder.  I mean no disrespect to those who suffer from the actual malady.  My problem is that one face of our culture says that a child may be murdered in its mother’s womb based on her whim.  In some of the same states one can be charged with double homicide if one murders an expectant mother and both lives are lost. 

This is just a couple of the divergent personalities that our collective face shows to the world.  We have a diabetic epidemic in a nation where there are people still starving.  We demand our world view whilst trampling on the world views of others (whether you are liberal or conservative you are guilty of this so avoid the smuggary {I realize that smuggary is not a word but I am a writer so it is now.  Use it and enjoy it}). 

God is a lover of life.  His work in the world whether he is creating or redeeming is geared toward life.  As I develop my faith and following I must do the same.  We should avoid murdering others even if it might be only maybe wrong.  If there is any room for doubt we should err on the side of respect and value.  I am required to value, respect, and love all life.  After all, even if I am totally wrong in my beliefs living out this will give me a life full of yet another kind of love.  That alone would be worth the pursuit.  However, as I have said and will continue to say on this part of the journey:  It is not about us.

Bungle in the Jungle – Jethro Tull

Walking through forests of palm tree apartments ---
scoff at the monkeys who live in their dark tents
down by the waterhole --- drunk every Friday ---
eating their nuts --- saving their raisins for Sunday.
Lions and tigers who wait in the shadows ---
they're fast but they're lazy, and sleep in green meadows.

Let's bungle in the jungle --- well, that's all right by me.
I'm a tiger when I want love,
but I'm a snake if we disagree.

Just say a word and the boys will be right there:
with claws at your back to send a chill through the night air.
Is it so frightening to have me at your shoulder?
Thunder and lightning couldn't be bolder.
I'll write on your tombstone, ``I thank you for dinner.''
This game that we animals play is a winner.

Let's bungle in the jungle --- well, that's all right by me.
I'm a tiger when I want love,
but I'm a snake if we disagree.

The rivers are full of crocodile nasties
and He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.
He's a lover of life but a player of pawns ---
yes, the King on His sunset lies waiting for dawn
to light up His Jungle
as play is resumed.
The monkeys seem willing to strike up the tune.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment