22 July 2015

Setting Standards for Feelings – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We feel.  That is what we do.  It is good that we feel.  The problem is that we have become a culture where what we feel is our operational truth.  That is a dangerous way to live.  It erodes at morals, values, and mores.  It pulls the threads that keep our society civil.

Worse, as a Christ follower my feelings are not to be my prime mover.  An attitude of love for others not a emotion of love is to guide me.  My family, friends, and enemies are all to receive an attitude of love from me no matter how I feel. 

Everything I feel must be filtered through truth and my obligation to love God and all humans.  I must ride herd on my negative feelings, glean the value they have, and then do away with them. 

My Grandfather used to say, “Do what is right no matter how much it hurts.”  I try to live by that but I fail.  I think that I would attenuate his statement.  I must do what is right no matter how I feel.  It easy to say and hard to live.  Most truths work living are.

If I am to be what I aspire to be then I must be honest about what I feel.  I must do what is right with my feelings.  I must think through what I feel before I respond to it.  I must rarely permit my feelings to produce a raw reaction.  In this I can follow knowing that I meter my heart to beat out love to everyone. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment