05 July 2015

Great Expectations – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

First off I would apologize to Charles Dickens but this is not about his most excellent novel.  Secondly, I want to talk about knockoffs.  I do not mind buying generic items.  Sometimes I purchase generic items that do not measure up to the name brand.  Most of the time this is not true but sometimes my expectations are not met. 

We must manage our expectation when it comes to things that not the real thing.  We must also assure that our portrayal of things is genuine and not generic.  We must both be what is expected and manage the expectations of others.

In the current political fever I am concerned that as Christ followers we are getting it very wrong.  In getting it wrong I fear that we are expecting too much from people.  We are to be an example to others of the right way to live. We do this quite poorly.  We are to be the lead in caring for the needs of others.  Again I feel that we get low marks on this.  We are supposed to be an example.

In being an example we are not supposed to place our expectations on those who do not share our faith.  I think the collective approach to our most taxing social issues fails to exhibit the love and compassion that is to be our benchmark.

I need to assure that I am not placing unjust expectations on others.  I have some great ones but need to process this as I endeavor to refine my faith and following.  Walk with me if you will.  I could use a discussion partner.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment