02 October 2015

Forgetting Who God Is – Now Here/Nowhere

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently several people felt the need to assure that I saw “story” in The Onion about God failing to write a new book.  It was one of the many things I have seen lately that posits the question of his silence. 

As I have been diving deep into the study of the letter Paul wrote to the Romans I have been reminded just how present God always is.  I am reminded that creation, moral law, and our own inner workings declare that God is there.  We have confused subtlety with silence.

I wonder how many other relationships we expect to work when we demand that the other person communicate with us on our terms.  We insist that God be what we wish him to be.  We demand that God speak our moral perspective instead of obediently speaking his. 

We deny his power and presence and use his image for our own purposes.  This is the true definition of taking God’s name in vain.  I must assure that whenever I think of God it is as he wishes to be thought of.  I must assure that I follow the Christ who is there not the image I wish him to be for my own purposes.

If I listen, he is speaking.  I if believe I will see.

My God – Jethro Tull

Ian Anderson - Lead vocals, flute, acoustic guitar
Martin Barre - Lead guitar, recorder
Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond - Bass, recorder
John Evan - Piano
Clive Bunker - Drums

Lyrics:
People, what have you done?
Locked him in his golden cage, golden cage
Made him bend to your religion
Him resurrected from the grave, from the grave

He is the God of nothing
If that's all that you can see
You are the God of everything
He's inside you and me

So lean upon him gently
And don't call on him to save you
From your social graces
And the sins you used to waive, you used to waive

From the bloody church of England
In chains of history
Requests your earthly presence
At the vicarage for tea

And the graven image you know who
With his plastic crucifix, he's got him fixed
Confuses me as to who and where and why?
As to how he gets his kicks, he gets his kicks

Confessing to the endless sin
The endless whining sounds
You'll be praying till next Thursday
To all the gods that you can count.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment