07 October 2015

Second Thoughts – Absent Friends and the World Ends

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Today was bittersweet.  I rarely make good friends with men my own age.  I have a friend at work who retired today.  Jeff was a constant companion in the battle to do the impossible.  As fellow cat wranglers we attempted to heard ever moving targets of budget and time. 

Beyond that he has always been a listening ear and solace in time of woe.  We have laughed together and share stories of our journey back to God.  We have watched the youngsters around us grow and learn.  We have shared food and drink to celebrate and to mourn.  He is the kind of friend every man should have on the journey.  I am happy for him and sad for us.

As the Universal Mind would have it there is no end to the cosmic jokes.  Someone in Pennsylvania decided that God will destroy the world today at 6:00 pm eastern time.  He has not.  Jeff and I found this             quite humorous and Jeff reminded us all of the vast humor in this sadness by post “so long and thanks for all the fish” as his farewell line.

The knowledgeable will get the joke.  I am still laughing.   There is also some important distinctions to be had:
.
First – We are still here
Second – Please do not judge all Christ followers by the nuts, haters, and idiots
Third – When you find a kindred spirit savor every moment with him or her

As this journey continues (the world has not blown up yet), I will miss my friend and rejoice in his new path.  I will remain where I am until the Captain says it is time to move on.  Jeff and I still have baseball to watch, books to read, and beers to drink.  That, however, will come when it is time.  For now I simple say, be careful among them English (especially the crazy religious ones).  Sheri; on the ocean,  Jeff his sails unfurled, and you are welcome for the fish.

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish – A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all that your dead

You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
Grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
For all the fish

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve(around you)

Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
Pregnant women

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

So long, so long and thanks
for all the fish

If I had just one last wish
I would like a tasty fish
If we could just change one thing
We would all have learned to sing.

Come one and all
Man and Mammal
Side by Side in life's great gene pool

(oooohhh oooohhh oooaahhhhh- ah ahh)

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

So long, so long and, !Thanks!
For all the fish!

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment