10 October 2015

Music That Moves Me – Not Broken

Greetings Dear Reader,

First let me be very clear about some things.  I am broken in so many ways that some of the pieces are missing.  All truth is God’s truth.  The truth of Notbroken is so in line with how Christ speaks to us.

Life is going to be both sublime and base.  It is going hurt.  We are not in it alone.  We are not abandoned or hopeless.  We are broken.  We do have a home and this place is not it. 

I don’t know the answers but I follow the one who does.  I do not have it all together but Christ says some day it will all be together.  He never abandons us no matter how much we break ourselves.

Some music transcends the intent of the writer. John Rzeznik has been clear that this song is about a wife and her husband away at war.  I will not tread on this.  Still, all truth is God’s truth.  We are the ones who are broken and yet because of Christ not broken. 

We are still in need of healing and reclamation but we are whole in Christ.  When I dedicate my life to loving and helping others it mends some of the broken pieces.  It makes the ultimate healing possible. 

When I follow with my heart and actions it makes my faith more solid and the answer clearer.  It makes even the hardest part of the journey more bearable.  It makes the broken not broken.

Notbroken – Goo Goo Dolls

All I waited for
Was a chance to make you understand
And tell you these forgotten truths you never thought were real
And if the world should turn its back, you know that I'm still here

Time won't ever steal my soul
We're not broken, so please come home

Morning comes, and life moves on
And when it changed, you didn't know you belong
And I'll still catch you when you fall through a past that steals your sleep
And scroll these words upon your wall remind you to believe

Time won't ever steal my soul
We're not broken, so please come home
And if the world has worn you down
I'll be waiting, so please come home

I won't let them break you down
And I won't hear the empty sounds
I'm hopelessly pretending that I know the answer
Angel's light and neon fires that burn so cold through your desires
And all you are is all I need to know

When the world is insane
You get used to the pain
And you don't even know what you feel
And I am like you, all alone and confused
But you know it's not forever

Time won't ever steal my soul
And we're not broken, so please come home
And if the world has worn you down
I'll be waiting, so please come home

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment