09 October 2015

Music that Moves Me – Netherlands

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes a song reminds one where the source of all things is rooted.  Even the great beauty of the world reminds me that the Creator offers me sweet peace in every situation if I will accept it.  People have often seen my peace is tense situations as a lack of feeling.   Those who know me know that I feel all things deeply.

Much of what is involved in following Christ begins within.  What we think in the mind comes out in our actions.  What is down in the well is what comes up in the bucket.  If I nurse my love, compassion, mercy, and grace then that is how I deal with others.  If indulge anger and selfishness then that is how I am with people. 

If I remember all the grace it takes for me to receive mercy from Christ then I can access the humility needed to see the needs of others clearly.  We face the decision daily to accept life as it is or follow Christ in faith.  Every time I choose not to follow Christ the peace departs.

As I listen to Netherlands I am reminded that there are moments when I choose to love above all else.  In those moments I realize that even the darkness will one day worship the Light.  It is worth the journey to see these moments.

Netherlands – Dan Fogelberg

High on this mountain the clouds down below
I'm feeling so strong and alive
From this rocky perch, I'll continue to search
For the wind and the snow and the sky

Oh I want a lover and I want some friends
And I want to live in the sun
And I want to do all the things
That I never have done

Sunny bright mornings and pale moonlit nights
Keep me from feeling alone
Now, I'm learning to fly and this freedom is like
Nothing that I've ever known

Oh I've seen the bottom and I've been on top
But mostly I've lived in between
And where do you go
When you get to the end of your dream?

Off in the Nether lands I heard a sound
Like the beating of heavenly wings
And deep in my brain I can hear a refrain
Of my soul as she rises and sings

Anthems to glory and anthems to love and
Hymns filled with earthly delight
Like the songs that the darkness
Composes to worship the light

Once in a vision I came on some woods
And stood at a fork in the road
My choices were clear yet I froze with the fear
Of not knowing which way to go

One road was simple acceptance of life
The other road offered sweet peace
When I made my decision
My vision became my release

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment