12 October 2015

Music that Moves Me – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Life has so many major and minor keys.  We often do not get to choose which key life plays for us.  We do get to choose how we deal with.  We get to determine our responses. 

When life is playing a minor key for me whether it is physical, emotional, or social I must determine my responses.  I must determine if you will “how I sing along.”  If I choose not to sing along things do not get better.  I cannot check out of life.  I cannot change the key but I can find the right notes to follow.

Not to take the metaphor too far but I must join in the harmony if I am to make it through the tough times.  It was recently pointed out to me that when I am in this place I still need to be aware of those around me.  My obligation to them is not lessened by my situation.  I am thankful that someone loves me enough to point this out.

I will use music to constantly remind me that I must be better today than yesterday no matter my circumstances.   No matter what the key the piper that calls my tune loves me and will be there.  All he requires of me is that I follow in faith.  That is where the joy is found in the journey.

Job Suite – Michael Card

Blameless and upright, a fearer of God
A man truly righteous, no pious façade
One about whom God was accustomed to boast
And so one whom Satan desired the most

One day the accuser came breathing out lies
It's you, holy handouts his faithfulness buys
In one desperate day his possessions were lost
His children all killed in one raw holocaust
His children all killed in one raw holocaust

And yet through it all, through the tears and pain
He worshiped his God, found no reason to blame

Once more the Deceiver denounced and decried
It's skin for skin and hide for hide
Strike down his flesh and he'll surely deny
And confess that his praying has all been a lie

Very well, take him, the Holy One sighed
But you must spare his life, my son shall not die
So Job was afflicted with terrible sores
Sat down in the ashes to wait for the Lord
Sat down in the ashes to wait for the Lord

And yet through it all, through the tears and pain
He worshiped his God, found no reason to blame
A throne of ashes, a crown of pain
A sovereign of sorrow, a mournful reign

May the day of my birth be remembered no more
May darkness and shadow come claim it once more
Why did I not perish on that dreadful day
And sleep now where kings and counselors lay?

What I dreaded most has now come upon me
Why is light giver those in misery?
I loathe my own life so my tears fall like rain
As I find that there is no peace in my pain

Lord, send a comforter now to my door
So that this terror will frighten no more
A counselor between us to come hear my oath
Someone who could lay a hand on us both

These friends of mine are no comfort to me
So deafly they listen so blindly they see
Their words and their doctrine they all sound so true
The problem is Lord, they're all wrong about you!
image: http://static.urx.io/units/web/urx-unit-loader.gif



I know my advocate waits upon high
My witness in heaven sees the tears that I cry
A true intercessor who will condescend
To plead with God as a man pleads for his friend

If I've been untrue, if I've robbed the poor
If I'm without guilt, what am I suffering for?
God would not crush me for some secret sin
And though he slay me still I'll trust in Him

I know now that my Redeemer's alive
He'll stand on the earth on the day he arrives
And though my body by then is no more
Yet in my flesh I know I'll see the Lord

Who is it who darkens my council
Who speaks empty words without knowledge?
Brace yourself up like a man
And answer me now if you can

Can you put on glory and splendor?
What's the way to the home of the light?
Does your voice sound like the thunder? Are you afraid?
Where were you when earth's foundations were laid?

Who gave the heart it's wisdom?
The mind it's desire to know? Can you bind the stars?
Raise your voice to the clouds?
Did you make the eagle proud?

Will the ox spend the night by your manger?
Did you let the wild donkey go free?
Can you take leviathan home as a pet?
If you merely touched him, you'd never forget

Who is it that darkens my council?
Who speaks empty words without knowledge?
Brace yourself up like a man
And answer me now if you can

I am unworthy, how can I reply?
There's nothing that you cannot do
You are the storm that calmed my soul
I place my hand over my mouth
I place my hand over my mouth

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment