14 October 2015

Listen and Silent – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Someone reminded me the other day that listen and silent are spelled with the same letters.  It takes a proper application of both to hear someone.  We cannot just listen with our ears.  We have to have a real strategy of silence to hear others.  We have to earn the right to be heard.

I have been told I am a good listener but I also do not always communicate good listening.  I need to think my way through the parts of me that need fine tuning so that I become a better listener and hearer.  I need to remember when to speak and when to be silent.

I have adopted a strategy of silence in many areas.  I may have been too silent in some areas.  I think that it is that I have felt like I lost the right to be heard.  It does not matter how I feel if I do not reach our when I should.  There are times when I must engage no matter how I feel.

I will spend some time working through this.  I will ponder the balance toward which I must work.  There are still places where I must keep silent.  I am still learning there are places where I must speak.  I am also remembering to make sure people know that I am listening.  Feel free to walk with me Dear Reader.  I always value your company.

The Vigil – Kemper Crabb

Waiting for flame in eye of night, I am the fuel for your fire
Light calls ever unto light. Make me a fleshen pyre.
Touch my lips with the altering coal; leave your shining upon my soul.
Zion shall ever be my goal; Zion the telling of light.

Scanning the silence with inward ears; life is a listening.
Enfolded in echoes of timeless years; the Word comes whistling.
Build my being from your throat; meld my meaning with every note.
Wrap me round in an aural cloak, so I may truly hear.

Drawn towards destinies darkling kite, riven by reality
Riding the passion to terrible height, life upon death’s tree
Cause me to drink from the chalice of fire. Forge me anew in the heat of desire
Let me inhabit the holy empire and make war on the armies of night.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment