28 February 2016

If I Told You My Story – Jesus

Greetings Dear Reader,

If I told you my story it would be about Jesus.  To tell my story is to tell of him.  The ongoing influence of my Grandfather in my life is because of his love for Jesus.  The reason I did not take my own life is because a man took  the time to show me the kindness of Jesus. 

The story of the universe is his story.  I am a part of that story.  I am important enough to that story that he seeks me in it.  He wants me as his own.  He loves me.  I think that we need to regularly look at who Jesus is.  We need to ignore the things people pile on to following Christ and look at the man who asks us to follow him.

He accepts us by faith.  He holds us unconditionally.  He wants us to follow him in treating others well.  We add all the judgement, condemnation, and rules that make him seem unapproachable.  The Gospel is simple.  My story is one of Jesus coming to seek and save me.

Blessed Assurance – Third Day

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of his Spirit, washed in his blood

This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long

Perfect submission, perfect delight
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with his goodness, lost in his love

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment