09 February 2016

Loving My Enemies – Equal Treatment Under Grace

Greetings Dear Reader,

After Jesus asks us to remember who our Father is he points out that the Father deals with all humans equally.  He sends the rain on everyone.  He sends the sun as well.  When we fail to acknowledge how dependent we are on the Father then we fail to see the breadth and depth of his provision.

It is in this recognition of provision that we see that we need to love everyone equally from the perspective of love for our fellow humans.  Whatever common provision we have is to be seen as a gift from the Father.  He also gives us the privilege of being able to love others. 

That love is designed to be unconditional and liberally given.  It is intended to be a benchmark of our faith and following.  It is intended to be our banner.  When we withhold love from anyone we forget the face of our Father.  We fail to be what we are created to be as his Children.

I must never forget that all that I have is a gift from the Father.  I must remember just how much I need love.  How can I fail to gift the same to others freely and without hesitation?  It is in showing love to others without consideration for who or what they may be that I can learn just how much the Father endures to be loving to me.

This extends to those who hate me.  It includes those who wish me harm and death.  Even now I have to fight the list of exceptions that my mind wishes to conjure.  My nature wishes me to make exception for the extreme and the personal.   Neither are listed in Christ’s command.  I must let love fall on the just and the unjust. 

Friends, family, neighbors, strangers, barbarians, aliens, and enemies:  I must love them all.  How about you Dear Reader?  Who do you need to love more fully?  Until I see the rain falling only on the just it must be this way.  When I do see the rain falling on those who “deserve” it I will have to remember who to ask for some water.

All Good Gifts – Godspell

We plow the fields and scatter the good seed on the land..
But it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand..
He sends the snow in winter, the warmth to swell the grain...
The breezes and the sunshine, and soft refreshing rain...

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above
Then thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord for all his love...

We thank thee then, O Father, for all things bright and good,
The seedtime and the harvest, our life, our health, our food,
No gifts have we to offer for all thy love imparts
But that which thou desirest, our humble thankful hearts!

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above..
Then thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord for all his love..

I really wanna thank you Lord!

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment