13 February 2016

Singleness Awareness Day

Greetings Dear Reader,

Be assured this is not a rant against this celebration day (it is not a holy day so not a holiday).   Neither is it a diatribe against love, dating, or chocolate.  I happen to be very fond of all three.

I am having difficult time this year with the being alone part of Valentine’s Day.  I know all the standard reassurances and I believe that the Father knows what he is doing in caring for me in this area of my life. 

It is the feelings with which I am struggling.  Sharing those feelings is difficult because everyone thinks they know what I need to hear.   Everyone has an answer that is directed toward trusting God or reassuring me that I am a good guy and there is someone for me. 

None of this is new to me.  It is rather that there seems no one with whom I can address my feelings and get genuine understanding.  I refuse to use women to get my carnal and social needs met.  There is still, however, the long dark each night.  There are still the moments when I need a gentle touch or to share my heart with someone who gets me.

Living alone is still not something I do well half a year into it.  So this year as the day we celebrate romance approaches this romantic finds it difficult to endure.  Still in the midst of that I find the opportunity to increase my faith and renew my trust in the Father.  I know that he knows my needs.  I also know that he cares.   

My questions are not asked in doubt or anger.  They are born in faith that there are answers whether I like them or not.  I value that it gives me deeper understanding and empathy for those in a similar circumstance.  It does make me aware that there are those who need my compassion when they feel similar things.

There is no brilliant point or great direction here Dear Reader.  There is only the need to express my thoughts and questions in a way strengthens my faith and following as well as being genuine with you. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment