17 February 2016

If I Told You My Story – You Would Hear Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

Being just a few days past Valentine’s Day the word love has been beaten back and forth more than a badminton birdie.  Love has been pledged and accepted.  It has been professed and proven.  In too many cases that flame will fizzle.

We love a good love story.  We also love a good tragedy.   As humans we fail at love.  We give up.  We “fall out of love” as if it is something beyond our control.   Love is a choice.  When we commit our hearts we must control our minds. 

The story that we all yearn for is the one of love that never gives up on us.  I have given up on love when I should have fought for it.  I have had those who love me give up on me. But if I told you my story it would be about love that never gives up.

We all long for love that does not give up on us.  The hardest of us cannot truly resist unconditional love for overlong.  It is love that can overcome any barrier.  It is love that pursues us no matter where we run.  It crushes barriers and removes obstacles.

This love that never gives up is not always obvious.  In my story it came to me in form of a man who was not far from his own failure to love.  He still showed me unconditional love for my life and value when no one else cared to show it.  He reached out to me in a crowded room and did all that he could to show me that the love I needed was from the Father not any human. 

My story continued from the night I intended to end it because I was shown love that never gives up.  This is how I wish to love others but my brokenness and flaws sometimes get in the way.  The key is not in loving others perfectly.  It is in never giving up on loving them. 

We try each other.  We fail and test love.  The point is not being perfect it is never giving up on each other.  It is setting love as the hard deck and never going below it.  It is not trying to undo the past but rather determining that in every future moment that we are going to love with a purity that is insatiable. 

If I told you my story there would be moments where I fail and fall.  There would also be moments where I get back up determined to live the love that has be given to me by Christ.  He has never given up on me so I will never give up trying to love as he does.  It is why I love you so deeply Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment