17 February 2016

Second Thoughts – Half Price Chocolate

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

We all see the jokes on line about half price chocolate the day after Valentine’s Day.  My Daughter Christmas talked about it all week leading up to the event.  She has been ill so I elected to procure some discounted quality chocolate for her on Monday last.

As I stood in line at the merchant with an oversized, formerly overpriced heart-shaped box I was given several pithy comments.  One shopper observed to another that I must have “really screwed up” with my girl.  Another spoke directly to me offering that “a big box does not make up for being a day late.”

The pretty twenty-something cahier was less judgmental.  She inquired as to whether I just liked cheap expensive chocolate.   I thought her oxymoronic question charming.  I explained that my Daughter did and that she was too ill to venture out.  Her response was that she wished her dad loved her that much.  There was deep sadness in her eyes when she said it.

We endure some hard things to show love for others.  More often, however, we just go through odd things.  The negative assumptions of those who saw me with the giant heart box could not see my heart.   I got to share it with someone I encounter often.  I know I showed love to my Daughter.  I hope to get the same opportunity with this cashier.  She needs to see the Father’s love for her.  Perhaps I can help.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment