18 February 2016

If I Told You My Story – You would hear Life

Greetings Dear Reader,

Death is there to keep us honest.  It seems odd that the day on which I chose to write about this part of this topic I am awakened from a nightmare in which I died over and over again.  It was upon awaking and calming down that I realized that I was still alive.  Life will have its way. 

In Jurassic Part when Ian Malcom is explaining the nature of life he says, “If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is”

The Father needed life to win out.  Not just human life but eternal life.   I think we often forget that we are eternal beings.  We will die physically but our spirits are eternal.   The chose that life should overcome the grave.  

We have discussed that there came a point where life won out over death for me.  I have seen death in many ways over the years and I see clearly how intrusive it is.  Death, however, does not win.  My novel Chronicle of Thanatos sees Death as a personification walking through history.  My story is one of working daily to turn even death into a fighting chance to live.

Christ offers life and he offers it abundantly.   As we journey through the season of Lent we are reminded that we are on a path toward death that will overcome the grave.  We will remember that Jesus died and rose again.  My hope is built on this event.  My life is invested in it.

If I told you my story it would be that death is there to remind us of the life we have and can have.   It there to remind us that we are both free and not free.  We cannot keep Death from his certain visit to our soul.   We also can meet him with the certainty that he will not ultimately win.  My story is one that life has overcome the grave.  How about you Dear Reader?  Where in your story does life win?

Ghosts – Dan Fogelberg

Sometimes in the night I feel it
Near as my next breath and yet untouchable
Silently the past comes stealing
Like the taste of some forbidden sweet

Along the walls in shadowed rafters
Moving like a thought through haunted atmospheres
Muted cries and echoed laughter
Banished dreams that never sank in sleep

Lost in love and found in reason
Questions that the mind can find no answers for
Ghostly eyes conspire treason
As they gather just outside the door

And every ghost that calls upon us
Brings another measure in the mystery
Death is there to keep us honest
And constantly remind us we arn’t free

Down the ancient corridors
And through the gates of time
Run the ghosts of days that we've left behind
Down the ancient corridors
And through the gates of time
Run the ghosts of dreams that we left behind

Sometimes in the night I feel it
Near as my next breath and yet untouchable
Silently the past comes stealing
Like the taste of some forbidden sweet 

And every ghost that calls upon us
Brings another measure in the mystery
Death is there to keep us honest
And constantly remind us we are free

Down the ancient corridors
And through the gates of time
Run the ghosts of days that we've left behind
Down the ancient corridors
And through the gates of time
Run the ghosts of dreams that we left behind

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment