19 March 2016

Between the Living and The Dead – Closing Thoughts – Something has Changed

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not engage in prognostication over prophecy or end times.  I find it is a waste of time and causes too much division.  As I was talking with the friend that sparked this discussion we did, however, agree that something has changed. 

We do not know when the Father will choose to make things right.  We do not know and I do not want to know.  I do feel that something has changed.  There is a different feeling in the world.  I realize that sounds a little too cryptic and mystic but I have been trying all week to find a better way to say it. 

There is a shift from unbelief to mocking those who do believe.  The increase in intolerance of those who follow Christ is noticeable.  People who know me opening mock what I believe without consideration of how it impacts me.  It would be seen, however, as a great crime were I to mock anyone else’s faith.

The open flight from the church troubles me too.  I do not think that the church is faultless in this. In fact, I know we bear much of the fault.  It still troubles me.  Whether I like it or not the church has a mission and it needs all the help it can get.

I hope I am never arrogant enough to think that I have alone in my faith.  That would be a prideful lie.  The friend who germinated this conversation is a hiker.  She is concerned about the path ahead.  I support her in her concern.  She is a fellow traveler whose company I treasure and share all too seldom.

In the journey back to the Father we are both determined to be through hikers.  Even when faith is more questions than answers we both keep walking.  Sometimes I crawl and sometimes I need to be carried.  I help carry others when necessary. 

As I make the turn toward Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week I feel like Bilbo about to enter Mirkwood.  I see the darkness and feel the change in the air.  I know the only way out is through.  I know that the only way through is to stay on the path even when it is narrow and overshadowed.  I hope you stay with me Dear Reader.  I need the company.

Keep On Walking – The Imperials

Are you weary in well-doing, walking on the road to New Jerusalem?
Are you hoping and a-praying, looking any minute for the Lord to come?
And do you see a lot of pleasant-looking places where you might lay down to take a rest?
And if you do, take a look at all the faces there, the sadness will tell you that it's best

To keep on walkin', you don't know how far you've come.
Keep on walkin' for all you know it may be done.
And the Father might be standing up right now to give the call and end it all,
So, keep on walkin'

Now if you need a feelin' to keep you on the road you started travelin' on,
You're gonna have some trouble learning that it's faith that keeps you movin' on.
And in the Lord you start your walk from sitting, but sometimes you have to take a step
And standin's not another word for quitting, it's jut takin' a tighter hold of His hand.

So keep on walkin', you don't know how far you've come.
Keep on walkin' for all you know it may be done.
And the Father might be standing up right now to give the call and end it all,
So, keep on walkin'.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment