11 March 2016

Better Than A Hallelujah Sometimes – The Corner of Your Smile

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the simple things that many do not master is the difference between how we feel and how we act.  Jesus was a man of sorrows and he was familiar with suffering.  He also understood joy and celebration.  

We should celebrate but we should do so proportionate to the grief.  We should never forget that there are those in need when we have abundance.  We should not ever leave behind the knowledge that there are always those in need.

In the greater view, I believe everyone needs to know Jesus.  I am not condemning the world or passing judgment.  That is not my place.  Jesus commanded his followers to “make followers of all people.”  I cannot do that without caring for those in need.  I cannot ignore the needs of others and hope to think I am following.

My example must be in my actions.  I can celebrate but there must always be a corner in my smile.  As I turn my thoughts toward Holy Week and the Resurrection I always think of Christmas.  From cradle to cross we must carry the seed of sorrow.  We have much to celebrate but not at the expense of those who do not.

The weight of it wrestles with me more this year and I am not sure why.  Perhaps it is my concern for those who to do not follow Christ.  They are missing out on so much.  It is my obligation to never forget this greatest need no matter how deep my revels. 

A Christmas Song – Ian Anderson

Once in Royal David's City stood a lowly cattle shed,
where a mother laid her baby.
You'd do well to remember the things He later said.
When you're stuffing yourselves at the Christmas parties,
you'll laugh when I tell you to take a running jump.
You're missing the point I'm sure does not need making;
that Christmas spirit is not what you drink.

So how can you laugh when your own mother's hungry
and how can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?
And if I messed up your thoughtless pleasures,
Remember, if you wish, this is just a Christmas song.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment