12 March 2016

Better Than A Hallelujah Sometimes – All Those Who Wander

Greetings Dear Reader,

I had breakfast yesterday with someone precious to me whom I do not see as often as I wish.  We had an excellent honest conversation about sorrow and joy.   Faith, doubt, cynicism, and pain all had their turn in the discussion. 

I am reminded that we are intended to be wanderers.  The life of following Christ is a nomadic one.  I fear at times that I have too many roots.  I fear at times that there should be no roots at all.  Jesus did not have a place to lay his head.  Paul was itinerant and warned against getting entangled in the cares of this world   I fear that we are not just entangled but snared.

Last year I reduced my possession by over half and I still have too much.  I have continued to diminish the volume but I must also find a way to not be tied to a calendar.  My friend has accomplished that and I see the struggles that come with it.  Much more faith is required of her journey than mine. 

One of the ways I feel sorrow as I move toward Holy Week is that I am still ensnared in the cares of this world.  I am, however, actively seeking for that moment of opportunity and courage that will allow me to be driven only by the Spirit of God.  Walking in faith must include sorrow.  It is better to feel the fear and uncertainty but keep following. 

 All those who wander are not lost.  All those who journey do not know their destination but they know the way home.  I seek to join that narrow way more fully.  I am still not sure how to get there but I promise not to leave you behind Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment