21 August 2016

Of Mice and Men – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I use my last day of vacation to rest I think about what this trip has done for me.  I have driven and walked very far.  I have been witness to someone being celebrated for her life and freedom. 

The land of Mickey Mouse has much to teach us about hope and dreams.  It also has much to teach us about what we can do if we set our minds on being good to others.  If humans can work together for a paycheck to ensure that others are happy then what can we do as Christ followers?

It is possible for dreams to come true.  It is possible for us to change the lives of others.  It is possible to make a difference. As one who follows Christ I must assure that my actions produce joy in the lives of others.  It is my obligation to make the impossible possible.  It is my duty to see to it that the dreams of others get a foothold in Christ.

People go where they get their needs met.  They flock to the Magic Kingdom to be briefly happy.  We need to create a space where people can find lasting joy.   We need to be an example.  I need to carry the lessons of joy and whatever it takes to created it with me every day.  The journey is both too long and too short to avoid it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment