04 August 2016

Pieces of Time – Leisure Time

Greetings Dear Reader,

We buy our leisure time with the pieces of time we trade for money.  I worked through some thoughts on leisure pursuits some months ago.  I am being more active and moving out of some of my zones of complacency (not really comfortable).   What I am pondering today is that I use my leisure time, that is purchased at a high price, for things that recreate me.

I see so many people who refuse to enjoy life because they get caught up in the barrenness of busyness.  I hear all the time people I care about concerned that their time away from work is so filled with other things.  They seem dissatisfied by those things.  Leisure time is meant to restore and recreate us.

This means that the pieces of time I give to leisure pursuits must be that which truly rebuilds me.  I must rest when I need rest.  I must adventure when I need adventure.  It comes down to listening to what my heart tells me I need.  It is proper to follow Christ in leisure pursuits.  I must as with all my time make the most of it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment