05 August 2016

Pieces of Time – Friends and Family

Greetings Dear Reader,

These may be some of the most precious pieces of time to me.  This summer my Son and Grandsons have been coming over for a swim and dinner.  The excitement in those small boys over something so simple brings me great joy. 

There are friends with whom I have good conversation.  There is family that I cherish moments with when I can get them.  It is these pieces of time that create memories.  It is these moments that give us the bonds that endure the hard pieces of time.

It is in those moments that I find the opportunity to be more than self-serving and solitary.  A simple dinner or a good conversation can remind me why Jesus wants us to love everyone.  It is in wanting to be better for others in those pieces of time that I find the courage to face the solitary pieces.

Everyone matters.  Everyone has needs.  One never knows when a kind word or simple conversation can make a difference.   Perhaps the moments when we pay attention to the needs of others are the best.  We can make a difference if we are vigilant.

We also need to realize that others may not do the same for us.  We must offer our pieces of time without expectation.  It is in these moments of being a true friend of family member that we can find the richness that is in our fellow travelers.  The journey can be so much better if we use our pieces of time to care for each other.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment