25 August 2016

The Pain of Others – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“And some have compassion, making a difference.”

No matter where the day takes me I encounter those who are in pain.  The pain reveals itself in many ways and has various sources.  It is still pain.  It may be physical, emotional, or social.  It may be stress or hard times, troubles or fear.  We cannot measure the pain of others. 

It is not our place to determine the validity of another’s pain.  It is my place to have compassion and help where I can.  It is my obligation to care.  I want to care even if I were not obligated.  The pain of others moves me.

What I need to examine is how I view and respond to the pain of others.  I mentioned to a friend yesterday that as parents we feel so helpless when our adult children are in pain and we cannot ease the pain.  Her son is in distress and wants to work it out on his own. 

Pain in all its forms is both beneficial and horrid.  I would remove the pain of others completely if I could.  I would only do so if I could without removing the learning available in the pain.  Join me Dear Reader as I examine the thorny shared maladies that we all endure.  As always I welcome your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. I love that your moving into this. We are all in pain, as is God himself. But it is us who can show care for where that person is in their pain.. With out comparison. It is compassion that moves us closer to God.
    Compassion for humanity.

    ReplyDelete